Issues with folder formats

I have a boringly simple File Type Group:

That File Type Group has a pretty straightforward Content Type Format:

Every width is set to Auto. In case you're wondering why there is a column for Company, I only added it to see if this really is the content type format that is combined with User Default

My User Default Format is also rather plain:

Every width is set to Auto here, too.

But when I enter a folder that contains SQL files, and it changes format according to a mix of its content and the User Default, something goes haywire, and the lister becomes "less useful":

I've resized the lister window to a manageable size so that everything I wanted to show fits on a relatively small screenshot. When it's maximized, the columns are similarly squished, and there's plenty of empty space on the right.

Checking the Folder Options, it shows that the width for some of the columns is changed from Auto to a fixed size:

Why does this happen? None of the saved formats contain those numbers for any of those fields.

Hover the mouse over the (i) icon on the status bar and it will tell you where the modified folder format came from.

Hi Jon,
Yes, that's on my 4th screenshot from the top, marked with the red rectangle in the bottom-right corner. I attached those screenshots to support why this should not happen the way it does. As you can see on the screenshot, the current format comes from User Default Format + Content Type "SQL Files". The previous two screenshots show those formats, neither of them having anything but Auto for their columns' width settings.

Could you zip up these two config folders and send them to us via private message?

• Type /dopusdata into the path field and push return to go to the config folder.
  • Below that, it's the FileTypes and Formats folders that are of interest.
  • Click my user icon / name for the option to send a private mssage.

Hi Leo,

Do you have an update on this one? I've sent you a private message with the zipped files. Did you get it?

I did; haven't had a change to look into it yet, sorry. It's on my list.

It's okay, I just wanted to know if it got there or if I messed up the package.

This was a bug, and a fix will be in 13.4.4.

Many thanks for sending the files over; they made it much easier to work out what was going wrong. And apologies for taking so long to get to this!

1 Like