A JPEG 2000 plugin based on J2K-Codec is now available.
The new plugin improves on the old JP2Raw plugin's JPEG 2000 handling in several ways:
- Much faster at viewing files.
- Much, much faster at generating thumbnails.
- Support for x64 (64-bit Windows).
- Support for alpha channels (transparency).
- Support for less common .J2C & .J2K code-stream data files.
- Support for Unicode filepaths.
- Support for Opus's USB-Mode.
- Doesn't call abort() on decode errors. (An aspect of JasPer which I dislike even more than its speed.)
The new plugin continues support for:
- 8bpp images.
- 16bpp images.
- Color (RGB) images.
- Greyscale images.
- .JP2 format files.
For download links and more information, go to the plugin's web page:
This plugin is included with Opus from version 220.127.116.11 onwards.