Jump List display of Recent Folders suppresses display of all other options?

I had 2 items in Favorites. When I went to Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Jump List and selected Folders > Favorites, they appeared in the jump list. So far, so good.

Then I added the selection to also include Recent Folders. About a dozen recent folders appeared in the Jump List. But the Favorites no longer appeared.

I didn't notice at first because one of the Favorites did appear - but that was apparently only because it was also a Recent. To confirm this I added an arbitrary new Favorite. Again, the same behavior was observed.

Note that one of my Favorites happens to be Recent Folders (which opens a lister with all my recent folders, not just a dozen or so). I tested removing it, but still got the same behavior.

I then observed that when Recent Folders is selected, it appears to suppress Smart Favorites as well. I also checked what happens when I try adding an arbitrary folder under Other Folders. that was also suppressed.

OTOH, when I deselected Recent Folders the other three groups all appeared in the Jump List in their appropriate grouping.

I know that. So, If I understand correctly, choosing Recent Folders will, in most cases, consume all the available real estate, so nothing else (even if selected) can show - no Favorites, no Smart favorites, no Commands, etc. is that intent?

If so, it only underscores the need for a Windows-conformant Pinning mechanism to work. Pinned items are always shown and take precedence over history (recents).

Is there a mechanism to change the priorities? For example, I'd always like Commands and Favorites to show and have only the most recent Recents shown in the space that is left.

Thanks.

For most of the categories, you can choose which items appear in the jumplist (not just which types of items appear). So it's up to you which items use up the handful of available slots.

Beyond that, your issues are with Windows, not Opus. The jump list is a very poorly designed and implemented feature of the Windows taskbar which was never improved on after its initial relase, and Microsoft seem unlikely to ever improve it now as they've turned it off by default in Windows 11. Once a Windows feature is off by default, it suggests no work will be done on it again and it'll soon barely work or keep matching how anything else looks, based on past experience.

We've already explained in the other thread that there is no way to make the Windows pinning mechanism work with folders. I don't know what else to say regarding that which hasn't already been said.

2 Likes