Keep Folder Style

hy there. if i want to sort manually in a folder to find something quicker alll other folders are also newly sorted like the folder i am . how can i keep all folders how they are when i change one manually? folder lock does not work. thanks a lot

Try unchecking Preferences / File Displays / Options / Preserve folder format edits between folders.

thx but doesn't work:(

Check that no automatic formats were saved for the folders you're seeing the problem in:

Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats / Automatic Formats

Also note the option near the top that applies automatic formats to subfolders.

Can you give more detail on what you’re doing and seeing?

all my folders are sorted a-z. i choose a random folder to sort z-a. then all my folders switch to z-a.

any idea?

Have you turned on the Format Lock? (A padlock will usually appear in the status bar if you have.)

If that's on, it'll act like you described (which is the whole purpose of the lock).

You're going to need to provide more information than just "doesn't work".

Screenshots, better descriptions, etc.

dear jon, i have all my folders sorted A-Z but sometimes i want to sort a folder temporarly Z-A. but when i do that all other folders are also changing to Z-A event the folder lock is in. i made a screen recording:

Are the files on an external drive? If yes, what is the format of that external drive?

Your video shows you have the format lock turned on, which I already mentioned above.

no they are not on an external drive

hy leo, yes but if i go to a specific folder and i sort this one for Z-A instead of A-Z and i have format lock turned off then yes it works, that all other folders stay the same but when i switch to another folder and back to the first one, the first one is also back to A-Z instead of Z-A. is there a way i can keep a folder when i changed the sorting manually?