Keeping directory tree expanded in layout

Absolutely love this software -- everything Explorer is not. :smiley:

I've gotten the dual vertical pane layout to always load the two folders I need, but I can't find a way to save the folder layout in the left-hand directory tree to load with the C:\ folders expanded. I have to hit the + sign each time. In Explorer there's a command line switch for this (/e).

Also, I can't find a way to change the selected text and background colors for the folders in the directory tree.

It's the little stuff. :laughing:

[quote="eduardo_b"]Absolutely love this software -- everything Explorer is not. :smiley:[/quote] It's good stuff isn't it?

Try enabling this setting:
Preferences > Listers > Folder Tree > Automatically expand selection.

That should automatically expand the branch of the Folder Tree that is currently selected (i.e. listed in the lister).

Alas, we cannot currently customize this. You can customize the Folder Tree background color and text color, and even stick a background image in the Folder Tree, but the selection colors are still pulled from the Windows Color Scheme.

Time to type up an enhancement request and submit it to the GPSoftware support site. However, it's possible that their hands may be tied on this one, because they use the Windows Folder tree I believe.

[quote="kenalcock"]Alas, we cannot currently customize this. You can customize the Folder Tree background color and text color, and even stick a background image in the Folder Tree, but the selection colors are still pulled from the Windows Color Scheme.

Time to type up an enhancement request and submit it to the GPSoftware support site. However, it's possible that their hands may be tied on this one, because they use the Windows Folder tree I believe.[/quote]
Yes, I see what you mean. I looked at Explorer -- now somewhat painful after DOpus -- and the tree pane is identical. The bit about a background image is interesting though. Does it tile if small enough?

Yes they tile nicely.

Check out this screen grab of my configuration.

[url]Kenneth R. Alcock]

That screen resolution is 1280 x 1024

I used these image sizes: [ul][li] Folder tree background about 225 X 225[/li]
[li] Lister background about 400 x 400[/li]
[li] Viewer background about 400 x 400[/li][/ul]NOTE: The viewer background only appears when the viewer is not displaying a file. But with the emergence of all the viewer plug-ins currently available, this is almost never!

I submitted a boatload of customized DOpus images (including the ones in that screen grab) a couple of years ago, they should be available for download somewhere. You might have to ask Tanis where he stuck them.

Not sure - I've been fairly careful when the site has migrated to different systems to bring everything over. If they're not in the BACKDROPS forum then I'm not sure what's happened.