Keyboard always opens left Favourites menu

Before version 13.4 when I pressed Alt-A Favorites drop-down menu opened from Pane I am currently have focus on, but now it always opens from the Left Pane. I have a Dual Vertical Layout.

1 Like

Are you by any chance not displaying the favorites toolbar ?

I do not have favorites toolbar displayed, and when I press the favorites shortcut key (alt A), no matter which pane I am in (dual or single), favorites always opens in left pane.

However, if I display the favorites toolbar, and then press the favorites shortcutkey, the selected favorite is opend in the selected pane.

No, my favorites toolbar is hidden. And If I enable it - then pressing Alt-A opens drop-down from Favorites Bar.

So, with the favorites toolbar enabled, if you press Alt-A, and select a favorite folder, that folder should open in the active pane. If the active pane is the right pane when you click and select the favorite, it should open the favorite folder in the active (right) pane.

If the favorites toolbar is hidden, and you are in dual pane layout, the selected favorite will always open in the left pane, even if you have a dual pane layout, and the active pane is the right pane, even if the right pane is active.

I was experiencing the same issue as you are until I enabled the favorites toolbar.

If you don't wish to display the favorites toolbar and still use Alt-a, then you could perhaps, while in dual pane mode, use the swap file display button to swap the panes, and then use Alt-a to navigate to the favorite folder in the left pane. Cumbersome, but workable.

Another method of displaying the favorites menu is to apply a hotkey to the favorites icon.

Then, this hotkey will display the favorites drop down menu in which ever pane is active, either in single or dual pane mode.

The only "drawback" is that you cannot use the alt shortcut(s) for any favorite item that you have applied the & to in the name of the favorite folder. In other words, you will have to use the mouse, or navigation keys, to select the required favorite folder from the favorite drop down menu.

Exactly this method is working incorrectly in 13.4. I have an Alt-A hotkey assigned to Favourites icon. Before 13.4 pressing a hotkey opened dropdown Favourites menu on top of an active Pane. But in 13.4 dropdown always opens on top of the left pane. Nothing was changed in my config, all hotkeys are default ones, same for toolbars.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. It has been fixed for 13.4.1, which will be out in the next day or so.

(Note that Alt+A also activates the Admin button by default. So you may still need to adjust that Admin button to stop it reacting to Alt+A, if you haven't already.)

The thing about the Admin button won't matter, I've made some changes to avoid the issue.

1 Like