Leaving zip navigation error using ".."

i often use ".." via home+enter or double clicking to navigate "up"

recently, maybe the last week, i notices when i used ".." to exit navigating within a zip file its been putting me in "c:\users\USER\appdata\local\temp\ZipFilesFolder" rather than the directory where the zip file actually located.

i tried looking thru my prefs to see if maybe i changed something [sooo many toggles to play with] but cant find any leads for myself.

im on win10.22h2 with the current dopus v13 beta

sooo.. after posting i went to double check and now its not doing it. ...

ill add that this oddity has been happening randomly. cant figure out what's causing it.
^^^ forget that i got it to happen again...

its happening when in inside a compressed file... thats inside is compressed file.
just to make this that much more dizzying

eg..
im in... D:\software\somefile.zip\AnotherLevel.rar

when i go leave the 2nd zip or rar i end up in...

"C:\Users\CLOUDEN\AppData\Local\Temp\dtemp-538ffca010085125-20.dop" which contains this "AnotherLevel.rar" file.

i can only get back to where i started via the back button on my mouse... im confused. haha.

i dont seem to remember this happening before.

Nested archives have always worked that way. The inner archive, when you double-click it, has to be extracted somewhere (temp dir) and then Opus goes inside of that.

fair enough, its makes sense. guess is not something ive run into often, then i was working on sorting out a double\triple nested project and keep running myself in circles.

1 Like