Lister Background Images Not Changing

I have the following devices on my computer. They each have their backgrounds set to an image.

C: Red
D: Default
E: Default
H: Brown (Removable HDD)
J: Blue (Removable HDD)

If I click on the J: device. The blue image is displayed. But if I click on the D: device in the same lister then the blue image is still displayed instead of displaying the default image. Then I can click on the C: device and the red image is displayed but if I then go to the C: device again, then blue image is displayed.

It doesn't happen all of the time.

Make sure the format lock in the status bar is not turned on. You can also hover the mouse over it to see which formats are currently in use, which might reveal what's happening.

I'll check it out next time it happens.

The padlock is unlocked and the format path is D:\

The left side is displaying correctly.

Today it happened with the C:\ drive and E:\ drive. The E:\ using the C"\ drives background image.

It says that the current folder format comes from the: edited by user but I have not changed a thing.

"Edited by user" can result from any change to the folder format, including changing the sort order or view mode, before then changing to another folder which uses the same format. (It will inherit the changes.)

I'm still not sure what would cause the background image to be inherited when changing to a folder which should use a different format, though.

Can you come up with a reproducible sequence of actions that does it?

I've been unable to reproduce the problem. It just randomly happens.

We might separate folder background images/colors from folder formats in the future, and make them a bit like labels. I'm not sure when, though; it's just an idea at this stage.