Lister Background White-to-Black Black-to-White Switch

Is there some quick way to make a button that would quickly change lister's background from white to black and vice-versa.

Example below. I'm designing both black-on-white and white-on-black images, and there are a lot of them being exported. I'm never sure if they are rightly placed. Of course I might use some gray color for lister, but I'd still like to stick with white as it's needed 99% of the time.

2020-11-24_181303

Folder Formats can override the background color (Options tab, Image / Fill Color):

So you could save a format with a black background (Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats, create a new Favorite Format) and then have a button which switches to it (using whichever name you saved it as):

Set FORMAT="Black Background"

And another button that reverts back to the format you'd normally get when entering the current directory:

Set FORMAT=!folder

Thanks a bunch Leo it's working perfectly, but it resets back to Details mode instead of keeping Thumbnails. Any way to keep currently selected view mode?

BTW, where did you come with "!folder" argument from? This is the first time I see it, and can't find it in the Opus list.

The favorite format or resetting to the folder's original format? (Or both?)

It's part of the default toolbars, and in the manual page for the Set command.

Both. The commands should really keep current view mode, as the button should not relate to any folder in particular - for instance - I have dozens of folders that I'm working on...

Both.

The Favorite Format should not change the view mode unless you've turned that on within the format.

the button should not relate to any folder in particular

You can make a second Favorite Format which sets the color to white or whatever color you want to go back to, if you don't want to reset to the current folder's natural format.

1 Like

You're right. My bad. I apologize.

Right. Works perfectly. Thanks a bunch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to bring this topic back, but it looks like that option to format background color is now gone from Folder Formats in Opus 13? Or am I missing something?

I really need an option to temporarily switch lister color to black/white.

No, just moved.

I don't think that would work for me since I need to employ the command:

Set FORMAT="Black Background"

Go BACKGROUNDCOLOR=#000000 will set a black background.

Thanks. It does work, however there is some rendering problem with transparent images. It used to work with Opus 12, so I'm not sure what could be the reason?

With Black Background:
2024-02-07_203310

With Dark mode (workaround solution):
2024-02-07_203317

That happens if thumbnail borders are on.

Preferences / Colors and Fonts / Directory Opus Colors / Borders

Dark and light modes have their own independent border settings, as well as all the other color settings.

I guess I'll need to live with Dark Mode toggle, then. It will perfectly do for me, anyway.

Thanks again :slight_smile: