Lister Styles with Tab Groups are not working anymore

I have several lister styles defined to easily switch between my project folders. Example:

Tab Group:

Lister Style:

Since upgrade to 12.15 (I think) whenever I hit the button to switch the style DO flickers a lot and finally selects "Desktop".

I haven't been able to reproduce this so far.

Do you have any script add-ins installed? One of those going haywire on the new tab/folder events would be my first bet.

Would you be able to send us a config backup? (Settings > Backup & Restore. You can rename the result .zip to see which details are in it and remove anything private and unrelated, e.g. FTP bookmarks. Please sent it via private message in case anything you don't want to be public is missed.)

No scripts I'm aware of. It seems it repeatedly tries to open the destination directory, fails and falls back to Desktop. The target directories do exist, of course.

Edit: Fixed it for me by replacing the lister styles with a simple "Go TABGROUPLIST" Button.

If you want to use Styles again, I think you can get it to work by editing the style and, in both the Left and Right File Display tabs:

• Temporarily turn off Folder Tab Group so the checkboxes below are enabled again.
  • Turn all those lower checkboxes off. While the UI disables them, they are still actually being used when the style is loaded, if they're turned on. (This is a bug.)
  • Also turn off the Close existing folder tabs checkbox, as it's being applied in addition to the one in the folder tab group. (Alternatively, turn off the similar checkbox in the folder tab group.)
  • Turn the Folder Tab Group checkbox back on again.

I'm not 100% sure which of those is the trigger, as the problem stopped happening for me after the first couple of times. (I think it only happens if the lister starts out in certain states, or maybe if the folders take a while to load.) But I think both together should stop the problem from happening.

Aside from the disabled settings still having an effect (which is obviously incorrect*), we're thinking about how to improve this without breaking existing configs. (*But also somewhat complicated: If you select a tab group which loads tabs on both sides for the left, it also affects the right, but should it disable everything on the right in that case? We need to think the different combinations through and the ways people might be relying on quirks of how it works currently to do things like load a tab group and then add a tab to it that's specific to the style.)

We've made some changes for the next beta (12.15.4) which address the problem you found, and some related things.