Localized texts left behind after changing language?

Hi,

When I installed Directory Opus I selected Danish as language, but quickly regretted it (because the translation is bad) and changed it to English.

However, today I found these two Danish texts when right-clicking a file in a File Collection:

In English it would be something like:

• Remove From Collection
  • Open Containing Folder

How do I get these strings back to English? The second one ("Åbn Indholdende Mappe") actually has a spelling mistake.

Corrections for translation issues are more than welcome. (A list for a given language in one thread is fine. No need for multiple threads, unless there are reports for multiple languages.)

To edit the two context menu entries in question, please go to Settings > File Type and then double-click Collection Item near the top of the list and you'll find them in there.

(Ideally we will also be able to fix the auto-translation of those strings when changing languages, of course, but that lets you fix things for now.)

Hi Leo,

Thanks. I guess I would then have to translate it back to English myself - I can't just go back to the default English strings?

Will I run into more strings like these, or only these two? Will it be resolved by uninstall, followed by a new clean install and restore of settings?

Regarding translation issues, I'd be happy to help, had it just been a few bad translations. However, it seems to me that the complete Danish translation is of poor quality, so it would require a large effort. For example, in Danish we usually don't capitalize each word in menu items etc. This alone makes it look rather messy. Then there's all the poor choices of words, etc. So I'll rather stick with English. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jacob Laursen

Uninstall then reinstall will wipe the config, so you'll have a completely fresh setup, including those two strings.

Those are the only things I am aware of which aren't translated automatically when switching languages after installing.

We'll fix the translation issue in the next update.

Great, thanks!