Locked Folders seems not to work as supposed

hi
i use win 10 pro, opus v 12.19

if i select LOCK for a tab, then navigate away form (which correct opens a new tab) and closes opus. Then next time i open opus the locked tab is gone and opus opens on the tab i navigated to before closing.
The same happens no matter what lock option i set, it seems the LOCKed folded dissapears after close and reopen opus, which then just shows the last opened tab

i have this settings in launch opus;

any idea how to solve this ?

thanks
NOlan

What does that custom command do?

I dont remember (i think it was one you send me some months ago in order to open my favorite lister on double click desktop :-)). Where do i find it so i can send to you. ?

Looks like this:

The Commander style doesn't usually open any tabs, so the tabs are probably just coming from the Default Lister.

You can update the Default Lister via Settings > Set As Default Lister, if it isn't saving automatically when the window is closed (which is optional).

ok so how am i going to solve this do you think ? Should i download the file commander style.js.txt or was that just an example ? If so how do i implement the txt file ? Im a little confused

thanks

Lock the tabs the way you want them, then use Settings > Set As Default Lister. That's it. :slight_smile:

ok but then every time i launch opus from desktop it will start with the same tabs i locked before i saved to default lister ?

What i wanted was to be able to lock any tab and after closure and relaunch from desktop all locked tabs are still there until i unlock them and close them.

PS i tried what you described but the locked tabs are still closed and gone upon relaunch

Is that not possible ?

thanks

In that case, turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister instead.

il trids that, but it didnt what i wanted: what i aim at is: lock some tabs and no matter if i launch opus via double clicking desktop OR a folder link then the locked tabs should still be there. Is that possible ?

Turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Open all Default Lister tabs when opening a new window as well.

ok that seems to work. I now set

1. Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Open all Default Lister tabs when opening a new window as well.
  2. preferences launching opus from desktop open default lister
  3. preferences launching opus default lister update default lister automatically when closing a lister

I wonder: if i set open external folder in a new tab but DONT enable opel all default lister tabs when opening a new window

what does open external folder in a new tab do ?

because that would be the same as not enabling "enable opel all default lister tabs when opening a new window"

because ii see that this combination just opens the external folder, no other folder is opened even if there were several before closing opus
thanks for hanging in.... :slight_smile:

HI again
now i have tested it some more, and thats not exactly what i am looking for either because i very fast have a lot of tabs open which i have to spend time closing again.

What i am looking for is:

If there is a locked tab then this should be kept locked even after relaunch of opus when clicking on a folder sshortcut on the desktop by opening a new tab. But the bnext time i click on a folder shortcut drom desktop there should not be opened a new tab if there already is one that is not locked. And launching opus eg from desktop should also show the locked tab. Ie locked tabs should alsays be kept.

Hence the setting ( Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Open all Default Lister tabs when opening a new window** as well) should be disabled and the solution done otherwise

Is that possible (to avoid ending up with a lot of open tabs) ?

thanks

Nolan

If you want to maintain a default list of tabs that always open, and only update when you explicitly want, then I suggest using Settings > Set As Default Lister to save that explicitly (with just the tabs you want open) when you want to make changes.

but its not the same tabs that i want locked all times. I want to maintain a tab locked for some time when i work on a specific peoject. And then close it manually and at some later time have other tabs locked.

So that doesnt perfectly sove this either ?

thanks

Nolan

When you want to change things, use Settings > Set As Default Lister again.

Note that locked tabs in Opus are not the same as in Chrome or similar browsers.

Tab locking in Opus is not a way to say "I always want that tab to be opened." That's what the default lister is for.

Tab locking in Opus is for when you want tabs that remember their locked folders and either divert you to a new tab or let you reset back to the locked folder after you double-click a sub-folder in them or navigate away from the locked folder in some other way.

See the bottom of: https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Tabs.htm

i understand, but
Tab locking in Opus is not a way to say "I always want that tab to be opened." That's what the default lister is for.

this requires i always have to make a new standard lister manually, and working on projects for a while makes this not optimal, it would be optimal if opus just "respects" a locked folder to be locked no matter what, and closure of a locked folder is only possible when user closed it manually.

so what i want to achieve cant be done as it is now ?

You could use folder tab groups instead if you wanted to, adding and removing folders from the group when you wanted changes, but I'm not sure it'd be any easier, or why saving over the default lister is a problem.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to tab groups?

Could it be made a feature to select, what I try to achieve, is lock a tab until closer manually by user?

Yes, tab groups can have shortcuts. The exact command depends on exactly what you want to do.

Would your needs be served better by having some toolbar buttons which go to the folders you're working on at the moment? You could add and remove things to that very easily, and they would always be there in all windows, one click away

ok.

1. if i want to go directly to the overview of tab groups, how cn that be done per keyboard shortcut?

2. how could the toolbar button scheme be setup ?

3. would you consider a new feature of locking a tab until released or closed by user? As an additional setting ?