Lost FTP addresses when I upgraded

I've been playing around with Dopus 12 for a while, installing the demo, then uninstalling and reinstalling 11, etc., then took the plunge and updated to 12. FTP is a feature I only use rarely, but it was set up in my installation of v11. Now I need to use a couple of sites, but it appears that all my FTP information has gone; maybe not transferred on the update, maybe erased during playing around; I'm not sure. I do have old backups, so if the FTP address book is contained in one of those, I can prpbaly find it. But I don't know where to look. Can anybody help - is the FTP address book a separate file and if so, where is it? Thanks in advance.

If you install Opus 12 over the top of Opus 11, your settings will be preserved.

If you uninstall Opus, your settings are wiped. That's probably what happened, from your description.

You can use Settings > Backup & Restore to create a backup of your config.

Note that we can only guarantee that new versions can import configs from old versions. We can't guarantee that old versions will import configs from new versions, since the config data will contain things from the future which the old version could not have anticipated. So if you're going to try a new version but go back to an old one afterwards, it's best to make a config backup in the old version first.

Thanks very much for your reply, Leo; it was pretty well as I expected it might be. My messing around with the v12 demo, then uninstalling to go back to v11, didn't help any.

However, I did have a brainwave. As luck would have it, I'm paranoid about erasing anything because, well, you never know if some day I might need that ten-year old phone number list! So I have kept the physical hard drive from an earlier computer, which had Dopus 11 installed. I attached it, went into AppData|Roaming|GPSoftware|Directory Opus and copied that whole directory onto a spare part of my new hard drive. Then I went into Dopus 12 and imported that address book, and it worked like a charm. I've now got everything back. So now I'll be careful about properly backing up my Dopus settings, so this should not happen again.

Thanks again for your help,

Best wishes,

Nigel