Lost USB dongle

So I lost my USB dongle, was expected.
Anyway to get my DO USB export to run again?
I know I can install and export a new copy, but I need my old configuration. What folders and files exactly contain all my configuration so I can move them to the new export?
Also, can you please support HDDs as dongles in future versions?

Thanks
And happy new year :slight_smile:

If you export over an existing export, it gives the option of leaving the existing configuration as it is and only replacing the program files and certificate. That's probably the easiest way, and the most future-proof.

In other words: Copy what you have to a folder on a removable drive (if not on one already), then do the export and use that as the target, and choose to keep the existing config.

I'm not sure where HDDs-as-a-dongle would be useful. If you can export to an external USB HDD, there's no reason to use a dongle at all; just export to the HDD normally. If you can export to an internal HDD, you've already installed Opus normally on the machine with the internal HDD, and don't need a dongle (outside of obscure multi-boot situations or moving HDDs between machines).

The device used as a dongle has to be present when you do the export, so it wouldn't be possible to make a HDD inside another machine the dongle for an exported copy.

Solved, thanks leo.
I don't use installed version of DO or any other programs, I only use portable programs.
What I meant by supporting HDDs as dongles is:
The only reason I could think of on why you at DO don't release a normal portable version is to avoid piracy. So you want each portable copy to be attached to a unique hardware device. So why not attach it to a HDD? That's also unique.
Also, pirated, portable and up-to-date versions of DO are floating around the web, so this is not the solution.

Thanks again.