MD5 checksum as context menu

[quote="plunder"]just my two cents:

another great tool (shareware) is BeyondCompare which, by default, installs itself into the shell (right-click context menu) anyway. while that is sufficient enough for most Windows Explorer users (4 clicks altogether: rightclick file1, select command, rightclick file2, select command), Dopus users can create a 3-way button. Comparing 2 files would "cost" max. 3 clicks (select file1, select file2, dopus-button).

another popular tool, if you really need to SEE the md5 (or sha1 or crc32 or etc.), then Hashtab 4.0 is my recommendation, which works with right click too (via the File Properties dialogue). Freeware. Dopus MD5 is MD5 only; no crc32, no sha-1, no nothing else. That's why i need Hashtab and also BeyondCompare, and both are worth their price! :wink:[/quote]

Hi, plunder.

I'm quite new here at the forum and don't know too much about buttons. Very interesting idea about a button to call BeyondCompare. I also use BC and would be nice to have that button. May you, please, say the code for it? What the right parameters and the syntax to give to BC to handle files and/or folders? BC has text, data, hex, picture and version compares, as you already know. How to adapt those to Opus commands?

My Opus is 9.

Thank you in advance.

jairovital

If you look in the Buttons & Toolbars area, the Beyond Compare buttons thread is currently the third thread from the top.

(Or use the Search box, top-right, which finds the same post very quickly if you just type "Beyond Compare" into it.)

Thx, Leo. This time, I've found it. :wink:

Congrats for the forum. I think it is the fastest forum I ever seen!