Metadata injection for 360 video/images

Before I do loads of research, has anybody already implemented a solution in Directory Opus to add metadata for 360 videos and images to work on Facebook and youtube... ?
Google has an injector...tool for video
https://support.google.com/jump/answer/7044297?hl=en

and for images... I think this data written to a file makes it work...
-xmp:CroppedAreaLeftPixels=0
-xmp:CroppedAreaTopPixels=0
-xmp:CroppedAreaImageWidthPixels=4096
-xmp:CroppedAreaImageHeightPixels=2048
-xmp:FullPanoWidthPixels=4096
-xmp:FullPanoHeightPixels=2048
-xmp:UsePanoramaViewer=true
-xmp:ProjectionType=equirectangular
-Make="RICOH" -Model="RICOH THETA S"

ps just doing this as making everything central in Opus works great for me, as opposed to endless bits of software for small tasks

Google's tool seems to have a command line interface so you should be able to set up a button in Opus which runs that and passes the selected file names to it.

If the tool works as a "portable install" then you could drop it below /dopusdata\User Data to have the exe included in your Opus config and automatically backed up when you do a config backup/export, if you don't want to have to remember to download the extra thing on new machines.

downloaded exiftool to directory suggested... this works for images and think its as easy to use
this tool for video too, so will set up a simple if/else to check for .jpg or .mp4/mov to inject the right metadata. Facebook and Google and others are putting standards out there that may change in the future . . .
@leavedoswindowopen
/dopusdata\EXIFTOOL\exiftool -Make="RICOH" -Model="RICOH THETA S" -xmp:ProjectionType=equirectangular {filepath$}

1 Like