Metadata searching: No results?

I'm having a hard time getting the desired search results when searching metadata tags in DOpus Global Everything Search as opposed to the Everything 1.5a application.
I read it should work similarly in both applications but I'm not getting the same search results using the same query (example = tag:waldeck) and it's really puzzeling me.

Am I doing something wrong?

Searching in Everything 1.5a application (search Everything mode)

search query: waldeck
search results: all folders + files containing 'waldeck' in folder or file name

search query: tag:waldeck
search results: all files containing metadata tag 'waldeck'

Searching in Directory Opus 13 (Global Everything search mode: menu bar as well as detailed search (CTRL+F) Indexed search:)

search query: waldeck
search results: all folders + files containing 'waldeck' in folder or file name

search query: tag:waldeck
search results: no results ??

Satisfyingly modififying/adding file metadata (tag field in this example) via DOpus's metadata pane works great and is almost instantly indexed and recognized by the Everything 1.5a application.
When performing a search for the files with newly added metadata they are listed in the search results.

Probably a question for the Everything folks. Opus just passes the query string to Everything and then displays the results that come back. How the query string is interpreted is up to Everything. (Assuming the query is reaching Everything OK and we're reading the results back OK, of course. But it sounds like that is working in general.)

FWIW, it's working here. Something to consider is that the correct syntax it's tags: (although it seems that tag: also works)
Also, I noticed that with the current SDK, Everything takes much longer to return results in searches using non-indexed properties, (specially like in your case, searching the entire database) unlike when the same search is performed in the main program, only is slow the first time.

1 Like

Good to know that it's working! Unfortunately I'm still not having much 'luck' with this functionality myself, despite having tried various things, but it could of course very well be something on my side somewhere. Pretty frustrating.. :confused:

Hopefully I'll get it working in the near future to be able to use Everything tag searching to it's full potential within DOpus.

Thank you both for your responses! :+1:

Some ideas that you might want to try :

• Update Everything. Compatibility with DO tagging was introduced in later versions.
  • Try to narrow down the search. E.g searching only in a folder with a few items where you know there are tagged files.