MHT & EML preview not working after upgrade to IE7

Hi forum,

recently I upgraded to Internet Explorer 7. Everything is okay so far -- except MHT and EML preview as well as thumbnail generation for these file types don't work anymore.

The preview pane and the thumbnails simply stay blank for MHT and EML, as does the dialog's handler window -- although it seems as if the file is recognized as "HTML-Document":

What can I do to get MHT and EML preview back?

Thanks already for help,
David.P

Do you need to re-create the MIME types for them?

Better support for both file formats is coming in the new ActiveX plugin, although it's still a few weeks away.

Hi Leo,

You mean the "file types" in Dopus? I think that these are set correct like this:

That sounds VERY promising. I'm looking forward to it.

David.

Any news about the new ActiveX plugin? Still missing mht-preview for thousands of files :frowning:

David.P

Umm, please...

MHT preview, anyone ... :question:

When there's news it will be posted.

Hi Leo,

thanks for the response.

In July, the new ActiveX plugin was "still a few weeks away"....

So is it being worked on at all...?

Btw, I'm pretty sure that that problem is minimal and would not require rewriting of anything -- the MHT preview in Dopus probably is only a matter of the correct settings, since it is handled completely by Internet Explorer.

See e.g. the freeware Zips*ar below that handles MHT-preview beautifully without any problem (and with IE7 installed).

Thanks already for any help that could make MHT preview work again. This is one of the most important file formats for document management and its a pain not to be able to see lots of important files on a daily basis.

David.P

[quote="DavidP"]In July, the new ActiveX plugin was "still a few weeks away"....

So is it being worked on at all...?[/quote]

Nudel writes these plugins on a purely voluntary basis - your posts are nothing short of rude - how likely do you think hassling him will be to encourage his efforts?

Secondly, did you really think the plugin would be completed and NOT announced on these forums?

It may well be in your opinion but I would imagine that the office formats are far more important to most users. Most people wouldn't even know what .mht was...

[quote="DavidP"]In July, the new ActiveX plugin was "still a few weeks away"....

So is it being worked on at all...?

Btw, I'm pretty sure that that problem is minimal and would not require rewriting of anything -- the MHT preview in Dopus probably is only a matter of the correct settings, since it is handled completely by Internet Explorer.[/quote]
It's still being worked on. Other things got in the way.

MHT by itself is easy to do but the AcitveX plugin where that functionality fits is being entirely re-written and other parts of it that handle other formats are not so easy.