Microsoft Word not in "New" menu (Opus and Explorer)

How can I add a new Word doc as an option under "File," then "New" when I click. It has many options (such as for Microsoft Access database) but not for Word.
I don't want to activate the tab for Office (where it shows all the Office options on an additional long tab) as that takes up too much real estate.
Thank you very much.

Is it there in File Explorer?

Word usually adds that item itself.

There is not an equivalent "file" new in explorer. I just started to use office 365. I'm not sure how to add this.

You should get a similar menu in File Explorer by right-clicking the background of a folder. Is Word in there, or missing from there as well?

If it's not there as well, repairing the Word install should add it back unless something is wrong with Word.

(Using the normal version of Word, not the Microsoft Store version, may help, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference here.)

Your last suggestion was on target, Leo. I decided to cancel the 365 Word and purchase my own copy. That solved the problem as well as some others I was having with the "store" version.

FWIW, the Office365 version of Word also has both normal and Microsoft Store versions as well.

I only have experience of the non-Store version of Office365 (I try to avoid the Microsoft Store) but the normal version of Word from that adds to the New menu OK.