Mkv datarate not showing in dopus infotip and preview pane

Hi, this is my first time posting since I purchased the pro version a year ago. No regrets at all dopus is really worth all the hype but I had one thing I was trying to sort out:

-MKV data rate is not showing in the infotip or the preview pane for dopus but is showing perfectly in file explorer as shown in the pictures here:

What I tried: Reinstalling codecs, resetting default apps, installing/uninstalling icaros, activating deactivating the movie plugin, restarting, to no avail unfortunately.

What I noticed is usually people who would run in this issue would have it in both explorer and dopus but in my case I only have the issue in dopus and it only affects MKV.

If no solution is out maybe a script that would call on mediainfo instead would be possible for the infotip?

Small bonus suggestion : Now that file explorer has infotips with dark backgrounds, would it be possible to implement that in dopus as well to avoid white background infotips on a dark theme?

Thanks again for any answer.

We may not populate datarate for mkv files at the moment.

We'll be switching to MediaInfo in the future as part of an overhaul of video metadata.

Dark tooltips should come in the future as well. Microsoft have not made it easy, though as their "dark mode" in Windows is completely half baked, unfinished, and undocumented. They did the bare minimum to make Explorer dark, then gave up on the job and didn't even document what they'd done so far.

1 Like

Wow this is so fast! Thanks again.

I know a few companies that could take customer support lessons from you. :sweat_smile:

There are solutions based on ExifTool and MediaInfo.

1 Like

Okay so recently I just added {infotip} into the filetypes section for movies and now it rolls over from mediainfo and shows everything properly provided that you customize windows registry with the values you want to be shown on hover.

It matches that of file explorer's on top of whatever you want dopus to show. If this is a new change I would like to thank you and if I was too distracted to notice it then I would like to apologize for opening this thread in the first place.

Thanks again.