MKV Playback and Right-Click Performance in Directory Opus

how to make MKV video format runs with DirectShow always in the Viewer Pane and all other video format with MediaEngine, the reason for that is a bug with right click, when i try to play a video with Viewer Pane with MediaEngine then right clicking at any videos in directory opus will takes ages to show up the context menu, it's only happning inside directory opus. i have a gaming pc, I tried the same thing on my coworker directory opus and it was the same thing, but with DirectShow it;s not happening, so all i want is just runing MKV with DirectShow and all other video formats with MediaEngine

it is so obvious in this video the bug that happning at the end

There isn't a way to selectively use different playback engines for different file extensions. (Anything in an MKV could also be inside an MP4 as well.)

The problem you're seeing is likely due to a shell extension something has installed, which doesn't like when the file is in use, or which does excessive amounts of file access when building the menu, making it slow if the file is in use.

See Crash, exit or high CPU when right-clicking certain files for how to track down the problem component.

1 Like

i found the Extension that causing it
it was this two. shoud i disbale them or any way to fix them?
Screenshot 2024-04-30 020124

Blocking both of those in Opus (via Preferences / Miscellaneous / Shell Extensions) should be fine, and shouldn't have any downside with those particular two.

Blocking them system-wide shouldn't be necessary, unless you see similar problems in something else.

1 Like