Mounting network shares within DOpus only (not Windows)

I searched the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to mount/map a network location/share within DOpus that is ONLY accessible within DOpus and not in Windows generally?

I'd like to access some shared folders on my NAS only within Dir Opus and don't want to make them available for the rest of Windows as an extra level of protection against ransomware.

E.g. I use ShadowProtect for Backups and within that program I can define network destinations that only work in that program and are not exposed to Windows in general. Ideally in combination with entering a password when opening DOpus.

There's no way to do that, other than accessing the folders via another protocol like FTP.

Definitely NOT FTP in ShadowProtect. Probably SMB share?

There's no way to restrict SMB access to a single process in Windows, at least that I know of. (Other than doing the whole SMB protocol directly on the wire instead of letting the OS handle it, which would be crazy on a platform with a best-in-class SMB client built-in.)

I don't know how they do it, I can only program 'the web' :wink: but they let you create 'Destinations' and when the backup runs it goes straight to my NAS share (Synology NAS, SMB share) and the share is not accessible in the Windows file explorer - which is great to minimise the risk that ransomware would also infect the backup drive in case the worst happens...