Move all files from sub folder #3 to subfolder #1

Following situation:
X:\PDF\Attachments\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\Filename.ext

Files in folder3 have been renamed adding folder1-name to the file name.
Folder 2 and Folder 3 are in fact empty.
I'd like to have the files move to Folder1
Going into each individual Folder 3 and move them from there is quite a workload (many folders)

Is there an easy way to, let's say, go into 'Files only" view and, one way or the other, move them all to Folder1 in one go?

Thanks.

A few ways you could do this, but maybe the easiest would be to use Tools > Find Files > Advanced to make a list of all the files you want to move, then drag them to the folder.

The bottom of How to filter items by location or sub-folder has info on how to find things below a certain depth.

Thanks for the quick reply. Before proceeding and checking out how it all works: one of the reasons for the 'reorganizing' are the path lengths, exceeding 260-270 or more. Some are 360. Stored email attachments.
(Path: X:\attachments\domain\sender\message title\message title [date][time].ext)

Will this all also work with long paths.

Just to make sure, this is the idea.

SnagIt-23122022 154116

Files should not be stored in all in 1 folder, i.e. Attachments and Domain (Folder1) should remain.

Thanks again.

Shouldn’t be a problem.

I sometimes rename files to ..\*.* to move them up one level and renaming them to ..\..\*.* moves them up two levels. And I sometimes combine that with other rename operations (Macros) to make rename and "bring up" on many files in one move. ..\{parent} moves a file up one level and names it like the folder, but keeping the extension. Very clever when you have single, "encrypted" filenames in a folder.