Movement threshold when selecting files/dirs

Hi,

Another thing that's been bugging me is how or if it's possible to set the threshold of movement that distinguishes between when your selecting items versus when you're starting to drag them. ...Say like setting such to 100 pixels wide, for instance, so if I keep the mouse within a 100 pixel (say 50 pixels to each side of my initial point of selection) column while selecting upwards, I can still keep selecting. I could've sworn there was a setting for that somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it so far.

I'm finding that it starts to think I'm dragging items too soon due to how narrow/straight of a margin I have to remain in to keep selecting items. It was absolutely necessary for me to disable dragging into subfolders unless I hold ctrl/shift - albeit that may be a good thing anyways - but I still find it too narrow (made worse by a 4k monitor, I think).

• A side-note on this behavior: Even though I disabled dragging into subfolders without ctrl/shift, I found it still was possible for the drag-to-folder to remain in effect for if one has the ".." for parent item showing. It still moves the selected items to the parent without ctrl/shift. I'm not sure if this was intended or not. On that note, maybe there should be a second sub setting in preferences for that ".." -- for something along the lines of 'still allow dragging into parent even if disabled for other folders'.

Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly..

Thanks.

That's a Windows setting. You can change it in the registry by editing the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop : DragWidth and DragHeight. Log out and back in again for the change to take effect.

Most software, including File Explorer and current versions of Opus, does not DPI-scale the sizes there.

From Opus 12.10 on, we will start DPI-scaling the sizes, since the default has remained at 4 pixels since before high DPI was a thing in Windows, and the mouse moves farther/faster in higher DPIs.