Moving files - make from/to paths clickable

I move a lot of big files around. My queues can be 4 - 20 long file sets, and sometimes take days to run. On top, I can have multiple moves between different drives and/or PCs on my network running at once. Dopus handles it all. However occasionally (too often) I need to cancel a file transfer for some reason, and start a new version of it later, with some changes or updates. For example moving 50 huge files in a folder, to which I recently added 50 more. Its faster to restart that whole Move, with all files, rather than sort out which are in the queue and which are newly added. All fine.

There is a Move window showing progress. The Move window currently displays the two paths (From and To), at the top. But they are not clickable (to open new listers) and the text cannot be copied.

My request is to be able to open the From and To destination folders quickly, before I manually stop the Move process. I am usually 10 listers and hundreds of directories away from where that Moving process happens to have started or to be up to. My paths can be long and similar in multiple Move windows. I cannot quickly find either of these two paths again, without a search. The faster solution for me is to make the From and To paths in a current Move process clickable, to be able to open those (one of both) folders in a new lister.

Conceptually this is an easy ask. How easy to implement? I have no idea.

Thanks again for all the hard work with this program.

1 Like

I like the idea. I wanted this recently myself.

This has been added in today's beta: Directory Opus 12.23.1 (Beta)

1 Like

I am so happy! It works well. So very simple. Thanks for this.
Two minor comments: It might make it more 'obvious' (to new users) that the path is indeed clickable if the path text was blue or underlined.
It would be more useful to me if the text of that path could be copied (eg by a right-click, or other means).
Despite my desires, its perfectly functional as is.

I was thinking maybe it might make more sense if a left click copied the path to the clipboard, and a shift + left-click opened a Lister. What do you think?

This makes sense to me, and I don't object.
But when you currently do a mouse-over, the path turns blue. This implies (to me) a click to open. So to me, that could stay as is, and a right-click be a path copy to clipboard.
But I have no specific issue with your suggestion, which would work well, regardless. I just appreciate that you are even thinking about this.

I love this new feature, thanks...

But when you currently do a mouse-over, the path turns blue. This implies (to me) a click to open. So to me, that could stay as is, and a right-click be a path copy to clipboard.

I think like @phil_ga, left click to open folder (more often use).

May I suggest, that, if feasible, this behaviour could be configurable by the user?. Perhaps adding also middle click and other modifiers like in the toolbar buttons