Mp3 Tag File

@travibe and @khalidhosain I have updated the script, thanks to the help of @Wken, now is possible to edit the list of musical genres, just read the description of the script, enjoy it.

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic script it's becoming one of my go-to favorites! Is the best for on the spot quick fixing any files that have random erroneous entries or whatnot instead of having to load a whole program and have it scan the folder and all that nonsense. I would place this in the top five best scripts of all time (seriously!}!

Just like the post one or two above this one stated, watching DOpus grow and evolve into the best file manager while also playing a very tiny part in it ourselves (i.e. the community) is a very very cool thing indeed. It's little fixes like this that the community contributes which adds to DO's already massive list of capabilities that set it so far ahead of all the other competitors. Go team! Lol

2 Likes

I am very happy that you liked this script, I did it with a lot of love, thinking of something simple and quick to use, I assigned the F4 key to the button and I don't even need to press the button.

Now I'm thinking about inserting two small buttons to jump to the previous file and the next in case it is necessary to edit other files. I'll let you know when it's ready in case you're interested in this new version.

I forgot to tell you about Opus, for me it is the best file explorer in the world, for three simple reasons.

1. Versatility (high number of options and functionalities).
  2. Very high level of customization (practically everything can be customized).
  3. Powerful technical assistance (that interaction with the forum community, which is practically instantaneous, is difficult to see on other sites).
1 Like

Thank you so much for this nice Script. I have face a small problem.
When I Select multiple files with multiple track no. and multiple Title. then update only one field Album Name. when I click on save button, it's change all files track no. in same number and all my Title name is same name. but when I select multiple files and I didn't change or input any value in the track no. or Title: field then I want my track no and Title should remain as it was.

2nd Issue. I need 2 more fields here for update or input copyright and publisher columns information.

@khalidhosain The script is designed to work with a single file, that's how I specified it in the description "This script allows you to edit the metadata of a single Mp3 file". If you select multiple files, the changes you make will be applied to all files.

To edit several files at the same time, respecting the different values of each file, I recommend using Steve's script (link), which I also refer to in the script description.

Regarding the "copyright" field (item.metadata.audio.copyright), I did not include it because the intention of the script is really a quick and simple way to edit the most important metadata, I did not want a huge window with a lot of visual content.

In terms of music, I think the "Composers" and "Album artist" (Music producer) fields are most used, however, these days, when I can, I will make a version for you with those fields added.

The built-in metadata editor also handles multiple files.

Very true @Leo, important detail.

Maybe the next scripting project could be implementing the Directory Opus 13 Light (within the Directory Opus 13) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bytespiller Sorry, but I didn't understand your comment :smile: Were you referring to Leo or me?

Neither, I expressed my amusement with the possibilities.

Understood :smile:

That would a great help Brother

1 Like

@khalidhosain are you looking for a way to edit metadata but in bulk?

You may want to take a look at this other script

1 Like

I have updated the script with three new functions:

1. Two navigation buttons that allow us to move back and forth.
  2. Track, title, artist and album from file" button, which allows us to set the values of these fields from the name of the file. For more information, press the help button for this function (?).
  3. Copyright field at the request of @khalidhosain.

In the future I would like to implement these other two functions:

1. Show a notification when you want to exit, if there are unsaved changes.
  2. Suggest music genres from the list of default genres, matching the digitized text in the genres field.

Thank you so much dear dasota for add the field.
I have 1 More Request about Geners.
Please add a feature for filled the gener field with numeric digits. Let me Explain.
I want to customized my geners list as bellow
1.Rock
2. Melody
Now when I want to add the gener tag with 'Rock' I want to press the numeric number pad '1' from my keyboard. and when I want to filled with 'Melody' I want to press the numeric number pad '2' from my keyboard.

Hello @khalidhosain , in my previous comment I said that I would like, when writing in the Genre field, to show the genres that coincide with the written text, a situation similar to the one you propose, at the moment I cannot do it, but as much as I can do it, I will do it.

1 Like

Hi @travibe, I have updated the script, maybe you will like this new version with navigation buttons.

2 Likes

Nailed it bro... you are the man, woman, or whatever you identify as. I would bless you with many gifts if I had any to bless with, so hopefully my overly prosaic response is enough to express my gratitude.

Touché, sir.

3 Likes

It makes me very happy to know that you liked the script, and you don't need to thank anything, but if you would like to do so, let all the credit go to @errante, @lxp, @WKen and @bytespiller, they made the magic happen!

1 Like