Mpg (and mkv and ogm for that matter) Attribute Support

I'm not sure how to ask this or what exactly is involved/responsible ( whether it's internal DOpus functionally or if it's "movie" plug-in functionality) so you all know specifically what I'm asking about, so bear with me here. :slight_smile:

If you have a directory full of movie files (wmv, avi, mpg, ogm, mkv, etc.), DOpus is able to show various information about the movie if you so choose to add the column (Description, width, height, etc.). By default, though, DOpus can only do this for wmv and avi video clips. Is there any plug-in out there that would enable DOpus to fetch the information from mpg (be it mpeg-1 or mpeg-2) videos?

Probably irrelevant side note: DOpus' built-in movie plug-in / viewer has no problems playing any filetype (wmv, avi, mpg, mp4, mkv, or ogm) I throw at it except mp4, but as far as extracting details for column display purposes, it will only handle wmv and avi files.

You can see who wrote a plugin by going to Settings -> Preferences -> Plugins, selecting the plugin and then clicking About.

In the case of the Movie plugin it was written by GPSoftware, the same as Opus itself, so wherever the functionality would go it's probably them that would add it. (Although someone else could write an additional plugin to do the same thing without replacing the Movie plugin.)

You can write to GPSoftware here: gpsoft.com.au/Support.html

If you want to make MP4 work then see this FAQ: HOW TO: Enable/fix playback of various media formats in Opus.

No, but thanks. I don't use DOpus to view video clips. I just threw that side note out there to indicate that DOpus does not have a problem recognizing and decoding the videos.

Anyway, so, then, I guess the answer to my specific question would be, "No, there is currently no plug-in available to fetch mpg info to display in the lister like it does for avi or wmv files." Right?