MRU list & folder sort retention

Couple of questions:

1. When I open a file through DOpus, no entry is added to the master MRU list (i.e. Start -> Documents). Is there a setting to enable this?

2. Is there any way to make DOpus retain the sort order when switching from one folder to another? I.e. I start in folder A and change the sort order to date, move to folder B that's sorted by name, then go back to folder A and the sort is back to the default. How can I tell DOpus to remember the sort order? I typically navigate via the folder tree.

Thanks!

1) When I open a file through DOpus, no entry is added to the master MRU list (I.e. Start -> Documents). Is there a setting to enable this? 

You means Windows recent list? If so I don't know of a way for Opus to do that, however Opus does have its own internal recent list. Not for files, the recent list remembers the most recent folders you've been to. It also has a smart favorites feature you might find useful, both can be set up in preferences.

2) Is there any way to make DOpus retain the sort order when switching from one folder to another?

You might give a read to this thread.

If the second question was about temporary sort-order changes (rather than ones you want to set so they are always used for particular folders) then the answer is to use the Back and Forward buttons when switching between folders.

If you click on a folder in the tree then it will always be re-read as new. If you use Back then it will be pulled from the history, including any file selections and sort order changes which were in place.