Music Tags

Its one of the options in the preferences for the script - “log_changes” I think.

Find it in Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts.

1 Like

Ok Steve After change "Log_Changes=false" it's works. But Comment & the Composer still does not work

Do those items work in the Opus metadata panel?

1 Like

Problem 1: I do not find any field name Composer in DO Metadata panel.
Problem 2: DO Meta data panel has a field name Comment and in this field I can see the data খালিদ which one I saved with the Music Tages 1.0, That mean Music Tages 1.0 works with the Comment field. But I does not find any column header name Comment in music section for my file display, Where is the Comment Column header?

Correct - so it won't work in the script...

As I wrote in the documentation (first post in this thread):

Some filetypes have slightly different metadata and the script does not yet take this into account. With these files, you may see error dialogs from DOpus when attempting to write certain metadata. Because of this I recommend experimenting on copies of your files first.

To be honest, when I first started writing the script, I initially made it recognise .mp3 files only due to this. It was written just for fun to see if I could emulate mp3tag's interface. I regret allowing .flac now. :smiley:

One item below where your arrow is pointing...

The SetAttr command (which the script is using), does not seem to work with the comment: field for .flac files, hence it won't work with the script.

Actually it's weirder than that, my testing shows that whilst the comments won't show up using the scripting metadata object (or in the Opus "Music Comments" column) the script is still correctly setting the field if you save your file in the script dialog. You can see the correctly set comment in Opus' metadata pane.

1 Like

What a great job @Steve, thank you very much for sharing it! I had created several buttons to modify this metadata, but the process became a little difficult because it was done one by one. Your solution was perfect!!!

2023-09-28 08 13 00

1 Like

Hi @Steve, I don't know if this behavior is general for everyone or just for me, but when I press the "Save" button, if a new window appears, I press the "Cancel" button, both the "Save" and "Music Tags" windows are closed, and an error is reported on line 501. What could be happening? Thank you so much!