My own interface?

Can I build fully new interface for Directory Opus using something like JS?

Depends on exactly what you mean. What do you want to do?

Basically my own file manager)
skvortsov.su/unfolder

No you can't completely replace the UI with your own. You would actually need to write your own file manager to do that.

So I will do that.
I just impressed by Directory Opus performance and functions but not its current look and UX.

1 Like

At least you can change the look of Opus drastically, which you cannot do with most, if not all, other file managers. I wonder, what kind of look you have in mind.

Yep, I already customized Opus drastically and it is really good but just not enough.
I posted a link to my vision of a modern file manager above.

From what I see, this is a DAM software, not file manager.

You can run any Opus button with DOpusRT. So Opus could do all the dirty work in the background while your app focuses on displaying files and folders and telling Opus what to do.

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/DOpusRT_Reference.htm

Care to share/show your results?

Thanks, but that's for external Opus control, don't think it will help.

No, I actually cannot show my Opus - I left my home thousands kilometers away, hiding from war draft, started by our stupid faschist government. But I have plenty of time to think about file management, UX and UI thanks to that. Just remembered this marvellous thing - Eagle Mode: Eagle Mode - YouTube

2 Likes