Name column expanding for Very Long File names in folder?

Using v12 on Win10Ent and have to save cloud based archives that have filenames exceeding 100 characters (random name assignment). Am aware there is a newer version of DO but don't want to update this one system.

DO automatically expands the name column and despite dragging the column into a comfortable narrow view (as I don't need to see the random filename beyond first 25 to 30 characters) .. should I momentarily look at another folder and then return to the download location, the "spring action" to show the entire long name has overtaken the name column.

Tried to look in Preferences but could not see an option to Enable or Disable to stop this ?

Why don't you want to update that one machine?

Faronics Deepfreeze restores system for any changes made at reboot. Corporate security.

Now -- how about returning to my original question to stop Name column expansion for very long filenames ?

Please link your account first. If you're using an older version then the evaluation period will be over by now.

We also request that you change your account name and icon so it doesn't look like you're related to Opus, as that can be confusing to other people.

Looking through old threads, we requested you link your account a year ago (Exception from ActiveX plugin). Is there a reason you can't? We need to address that before we can help.