Naming new folder from its content's metadata?

Hi,

Leo added functionality to create folder from selection, which is awesome, Copy MOVE HERE CREATEFOLDER. I was wondering if it is possible to use metadata of its contents in its name.

For example name a music folder as "{year} - {Album name}" from its ID3 tag.

Cheers.

You can use Rename for that. The new name can include metadata and can specify subdirectories, moving the files as well as (optionally) renaming them.

I don't know how to do any of that. Also, are we on the same page? I want to name the newly created directory, not renaming the files that has moved inside it.

That would work like this:

Rename TO="{mp3year} {mp3album}\*" IGNOREEXT

Select the files you want to move and run the command on them.

It made a folder called Rename TO={mp3year} {mp3album} and a folder called IGNOREEXT inside it and moved my files there.

Create Folder (Year - Album) and move files.dcf (325 Bytes)