New Docs/ActiveX plugin

Hi Leo,
I find something when i use inline rename when pane open.
when i change file, inline rename is lost and focus is on pane. this happen with doc/xls/pdf... files but it's ok with html...

[quote="AlbatorIV"]Hi Leo,
I find something when i use inline rename when pane open.
when i change file, inline rename is lost and focus is on pane. this happen with doc/xls/pdf... files but it's ok with html...[/quote]
Seems okay here but I bet it depends on how inline rename is configured in Preferences.

I suspect that with some combination of settings, after an inline-rename Opus is acting as if a new file was selected and telling the plugin to re-load the file. Can you test my theory by scrolling the file down a bit and then doing the rename? If it resets to the top of the file then that indicates it was re-loaded. If not then my theory is wrong.

Wrong :unamused:
If i preview pdf in pane, scroll down pdf, rename file and validate, pdf is not reladed (scroll no reset).

Test 1 (with 2 htm)

• i open pane
  • select 1st htm and activate inline rename
  • change name and press down key
  • next htm's name is selected, htm is loaded in pane, focus stay in Lister.

Test 2 (with 2 pdf)

• i open pane
  • select 1st pdf and activate inline rename
  • change name and press down key
  • next pdf's name is briefly selected, pdf is loaded in pane, focus jump to pane (up and down key scroll pdf), inline rename is validated and 1st pdf is selected.

Have you disabled the PDF-ActiveX plugin? If that is viewing the PDF files then it would explain things as that plugin's "take back the focus" code isn't as good as the ActiveX plugin's.

Also by default you can't rename PDF files while the ActiveX (not PDF-ActiveX) plugin is viewing them, unless you've turned on the Open Temporary Copies checkbox for IE. (I only just realised this; something I need to improve I guess, since you definitely don't want that option on for HTML files but probably want it on for PDF.)