New install integrity check failure

Hello.

I downloaded and installed Directory Opus this weekend and am getting integrity check failure. Yes, I downloaded from an apparently non-approved source on the first try. However, even after downloading from your site it still is happening. Then I uninstalled, rebooted, installed the version from your site, and still having the problem. I also tried to purchase this weekend but my bank blocked the transaction because it's an overseas company. I figured I'd attempt to resolve this issue before going ahead with the purchase.

Thanks.

Where did you get the first version from? Was the installer signed? Did it come with any additional instructions about modifying the machine's setup?

I really do not know that because I didn't keep track of where I got it from and I overwrote it with the new version when I downloaded again. I realize that this mechanism is something designed to protect your intellectual property, but I'm just wanting to know if I can purchase the software and be rid of the problem. I can only guess that there's some registry value triggering it since all the old files should have been overwritten.

That depends what the (presumably pirate?) first installer you tried actually did to your system and what's going wrong. Without knowing that I can't really say for sure.

Have you checked the digital signatures on all the Opus exe and dll files, in case the files themselves are simply damaged? That is the most common cause of integrity check errors. Info on how to check is here.

The installer I have is signed, as I downloaded it from your web site. Upon uninstalling, the only file remaining in "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus" is dopuslib32.dll which is also properly signed. There are no other files or subdirectories.

If you purchase the program then we can look to help you resolve the issues caused by the installation of a non-genuine version.

Please purchase via our web site. Perhaps notify your bank first that you are purchasing from us. If you have a further problem with the purchase, please follow the instructions on the order form for a failed order.

Thanks, Doc.
Will do.

After purchase I've had no further trouble.