No disk in drive, but there is a disk

Hello:

When I insert a disk in the DVD drive (optical drive), I still see this message in Dopus: "There is no disk in drive M:. Inser a diskl (Click here to pen the tray ...) ..."

How come it shows this message when an (empty) disk (which is a working disk, not damaged) is in the drive?

Thanks,

Hans L

Can anything else read the disk? Switch to Explorer and do the same thing; what happens?

Leo, it seems to work as it should in Windows Explorer. When there is no disk in the drive, the drive does not show up in Computers. When I insert a disk, and double-click the drive in Computers, the files on the disk show up.

As long as there is a disk in the drive, empty or not, the drive shows up in Computer.

In DOpus, the drive shows up whether ther is a disk in it or not, and when I put a disk in there, and click on another dirve and then the DVD drive, the "empty" message is still there. Clickong on "open tray ..." and then "Try again" results in the same message.

Hans L

So it is not just that the empty/non-empty state of the drive isn't updating automatically (there can be reasons for that), but that the drive simply does not work at all within Opus, but works in Explorer?

Are you saying you can never read any disc in that drive from Opus?
Or just certain discs?
Or only certain discs in certain situations?

Could your antivirus be blocking Opus from reading optical media?

It is simply that the empty/non-empty state of the drive isn't updating automatically for non-commercial disks (RW in this case). But also, if there is a disk in the drive, and I click on a separate drive and then on the DVD/CD drive again, the "No disk" message does not go away.

Hans L

See here for likely causes:

Yes, I am running elevated. I know, it is not a good idea, and I will change it.

One more thing happening: when I empty a disk: I get the message box "How do you want to use this disc?"

Thanks for your help.

Hans L