No response while large exe files being scanned for icons

When I open a lister on a folder containing several large exe files, I get no response from DOpus for 10 or more seconds while the files are being read to display their icons. This happens even with the folder stored on an SSD. e.g. My download folder only contains a couple of dozen files, but half a dozen of them are install programs from several hundred megabytes to almost a gigabyte in size, and every time I view that folder I get this problem. I've had a hunt through the Preferences dialog but can't see anything to change this behaviour. Can it be done?

It is caused by your antivirus. Are you using the Microsoft antivirus? That one is particularly bad for this, and also affects Explorer in some situations for similar files.

Opus has an option to use generic icons instead of extracting the icons specific to each file, but while that will be faster it is not what many people want.

Good antivirus will either avoid a full scan when it's just an icon extraction, or only scan files that have not changed once (at least until a signature update requires a re-scan). Unfortunately, the Microsoft antivirus is not very good in this department. You can find lots of threads around the web complaining about it, most not involving Opus.

Let Dopus use your own icon set?

I think we're talking about icons for files listed in folders in file displays.

Icons on toolbars can be moved out of .EXEs if needed, but usually aren't as much of a problem. (Antivirus tends to be OK with actual program icons, and is usually slow with installers, since installers need unpacking and recursive scanning of the binaries inside them.)

Thanks. That's probably it - I'm using the antivirus that's bundled with Windows 10.