OneDrive Icons not showing in Status Column

@alexa I've sent you a PM with a link to a test version to try.

I test it. I sent you feedback privately.

Thanks! I have replied :slight_smile:

Seeing the same issue with OneDrive for Business doesn't show status. I like that it is there for personal.

Is there an update on this? I have just migrated from Dropbox to OneDrive (because download on demand is only available on Dropbox on Business and Professional versions) and discovered that my OneDrive for Business status icons don't appear, even when I manually turn the columns on.

Support was added in 12.7:

If you're on that version or newer already, do the status icons work OK in File Explorer?

Also, make sure this option is turned on:

• Preferences / Folders / Folder Display / Show cloud* storage status icons in the Status column

(* The word "cloud" may be "OneDrive" in some versions, before the option was extended to cover DropBox as well.)

Leo - thanks for the quick reply. It's working now - at least on my home PC. They didn't come up on my work laptop, but it may be that the sync hadn't finished.

1 Like

I have the same issue with 12.18.2 where the status column is empty for the business onedrive folders

For my personal onedrive, however, the status columns shows the proper onedrive sync icons

Please run regedit.exe and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts.

Right-click the Accounts branch and choose Export to save that branch as a file, and then zip and email it to crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au.

done. thanks for your prompt support

Thanks for sending the file. What do you see in Explorer for your business account?
It looks like you have "Files on demand" turned off for that account, which would explain why status icons aren't shown.

In Explorer, I don't see the status icon either, really odd...

I unchecked the files on demand setting just recently. Before I did it, I was presented with the sync in progress icon

I think this is normal behaviour when "files on demand" is off. We changed Opus to be compatible with Explorer in this regard; see this thread for the background:

yup, you are right... once I checked the checkbox, the status icon is shown

let's see whether the sync in progress problem shows up later

DO : 12.18.4

can you fix also part with folder status icons?

Unfortunately not, Microsoft broke the API we used to query the status of folders in Windows 10 1903 and have not yet fixed it.

Hi, my onedrive and dropbox icons disapeared since a while. status was not anymore in the column bar, so i put it again, but so far, nothing. (maybe it take a reboot ?). i checked in the preference and "show status cloud" is checked.

any idea ? Thanks :slight_smile: !

Which version are you using? If you haven't tried the current betas, please see if they make a difference.

i'm on the last beta, released today

DO : 12.21

Is there any progress with folder statuses?
I also use q-dir file manager and they also had problem with one drive status icons but they fixed that part few versions ago.
In file explorer is also working fine.