Open in Windows Terminal not in context menus

I've replied over there.

1 Like

I noticed this too. As a workaround, I added six new buttons to my toolbar (but you could adapt the code to work better as a lister context menu button instead). The functions open the source lister's path in Windows Terminal. Here are the normal and admin function variants for three common command-line shells:

Command Prompt:

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -p "Command Prompt" -d "{sourcepath|noshort|escbackslash|noterm}"
@admin:"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -p "Command Prompt" -d "{sourcepath|noshort|escbackslash|noterm}"

PowerShell Core (v6+):

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -p "PowerShell" -d "{sourcepath|noshort|escbackslash|noterm}"
@admin:"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -p "PowerShell" -d "{sourcepath|noshort|escbackslash|noterm}"

PowerShell Windows (<=v5):

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -p "Windows PowerShell" -d "{sourcepath|noshort|escbackslash|noterm}"
@admin:"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -p "Windows PowerShell" -d "{sourcepath|noshort|escbackslash|noterm}"

The -p "<profile_name>" options must match the same "name": values in your Windows Terminal settings.json file.

1 Like

In fact, I completely forgot that I don't use the context menu entry provided by the official Windows Terminal installer.

Instead, I use a more comprehensive alternative which installs custom context menu entries (they work in both File Explorer and Directory Opus):

Running the install.ps1 results in:

2 Likes

This worked like a charm. Thank you!

1 Like