Open path and show tab in existing window

I want to open "C:\Program Files" in Directory Opus from cmd.

I already have a Directory Opus window open, I want to add new tab to this window instead of creating a new Directory Opus window.

I glanced at https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Go1.htm . I'm not sure if I'm looking at the correct documentation, but I didn't find hints. I might read too carelessly, but can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Something like this:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go "C:\Program Files" NEWTAB=findexisting,tofront

Reducing the dopusrt.exe path to make it easier to read:

"...\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go "C:\Program Files" NEWTAB=findexisting,tofront

Thanks. Can you kindly point out a place documenting the "acmd" command?

DOpusRT Reference

1 Like

For everything users out there, add this line to your everything.ini to get this behavior:

open_path_command2=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go "%1" NEWTAB=findexisting,tofront)

Then if you map a hotkey to your everything main window it will recycle an existing window rather than opening a new one. Haven't figured out how to avoid opening duplicate tabs in an existing Dopus window (ideally it would reuse not only the window but also an exiting tab with the same name).

The findexisting part of the command should take care of that if the paths (not just the names) are the same.

1 Like