GP Software are proud to announce that a public Beta of Directory Opus 12 is now available for all interested Opus 11 users.
We are still several months away from finishing Opus 12 and this is very much pre-release software, with lots of untested changes. The release date and pricing (beyond what's mentioned below) are yet to be decided.
Before installing the Beta please note the following conditions:
- This is a very early beta release. There will be bugs. Some graphics are still placeholders. Errors and omissions excepted. Use at your own risk!
- Initially the beta is only available in English; other languages will become available progressively as they are translated. We will post below whenever new translations become available. Note that if you have a special "Chinese-only" version of Opus you unfortunately won't be able to use the beta until the Chinese translations are available.
- The preliminary release notes are linked below as a PDF, and can also be found in the F1 help file installed with the Opus 12 beta (in the Release History section). Other than these notes, the help file/manual has not yet been updated; this will be done progressively over the Beta period. Feel free to ask on the forum for help with any particular features.
- You should make a backup of your Opus 11 configuration before installing the Beta.
- A time-limited certificate will be issued free of charge for the duration of the Beta period; however, when the certificate expires you will need to purchase the Opus 12 upgrade or revert to Opus 11.
- Opus 12 will be a paid upgrade. Depending on when you purchased Opus 11 you may qualify for a free upgrade - the exact cut-off date has not been decided, but anyone purchasing Opus 11 after the announcement of this public beta will definitely qualify for a free upgrade to Opus 12.
For more information, and to help us test the beta, see here.