Opus 13 updates generate dozens of warnings and open ~30 listers

Yes, it stays open for a bit as the messages appear. Because I turned off Defender this time there were only 4 popups and the installer exited before I could create a memory dump. Next time I'll start creating the dump and then try to hit enter / finish on the upgrader. It's definitely the installer remaining in tasks after the upgrade is done though, the timing was perfect and the popups stopped once the installer disappeared from the task manager

I've made some changes for 13.3.1 (note: not 13.3) which may help here. It may mean you don't see the message at all, but failing that you should at least only see one message instead of multiple.

thanks! I've managed to avoid it the past update because I saved the installer; multiple window don't seem to open that way. I'll try it like normal next time and see if the messages fixed it

Well it's nice not having the popups, but if anything the lister problem is aggravated:

everything locks up too fast for me to take a memory dump. I'm gonna try to take one as I install

ah! it didn't ocurr in the latest update!! i wonder if something changed in 13.058 or 13.0.56. fingers crossed it sticks