Opus Replacement on Windows 10 problems

I have Windows 10 and Opus ver 12.3. When I set the opus to replace windows explorer through this option:"Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Replace Explorer for all file system folders (recommended)", I end up unable to open control panel using run dialog and typing "control". The error is:"
[Window Title]
::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0

[Content]
There was a problem sending the command to the program.

[OK]
"
But when I change to "Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Don't replace Explorer", I can open control panel.

1. Does the Settings icon on the side of the Start Menu do the same thing, or does that work correctly?

1. If you go to Help > About Directory Opus, then click Copy, please paste the results.

2. Make sure none of the Windows Compatibility Mode options have been turned on for Opus. If Opus is being told it is on an earlier version of Windows, it may be trying to handle Control Panel, which is no longer a folder in newer versions of Windows.

Hi,

I found this same issue.
I do have a v10 (yeah, that's old) and get this error when I launch "System" with the Win+X menu in Win10. If I normally launch system it works nice.
Never used this Win+x menu before so I found this issue just now.

The call that is being intercepted is "%windir%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.System".

When I change to "Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Don't replace Explorer", I can open system, but if I add Control panel to exceptions it does not work.

Also happening with power options ("%windir%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.PowerOptions") and with Programs and Features ("%windir%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures").

Regards.

Windows has changed a lot over the years, and the way Explorer Replacement is done had to be changed.

Opus 10 predates Windows 10 by several years. You'll need to upgrade to a more recent version of Opus if you want everything to work perfectly with the most recent version of Windows.