OpusOS - Windows Interface Replaced by Opus

My laptop monitor needs every screen pixel for my main activities. Thus I freed up screen pixels.

I've got rid of the Windows Taskbar completly by using ahk, when I really need it, I pop it up with LWin key to see Windows menu or Ctrl-Win to just see the taskbar temporarly -- simmilar to window's Hidden Taskbar without the hassle of your mouse cursor entering the zone where Windows shows the taskbar.

Now added a Win button in the right Opus emulated taskbar just for those pesky moments when keyboard is completly frozen and I need to mouse it out :))

Also, since pixels are important, there's an ahk script I can use to remove all windowses title bar (which are futile unless you want to move them around using the mouse, though win-arrow combos are faster).

Must do, no clue how: show the date and clock inside Opus menues, I miss seeing the clock, alway have to Win-Key in order to see that ugly Windows Taskbar :)))

Next project -- get rid of the desktop completly, force Opus to replace desktop.

Then we can say hello to OpusOS
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

nice theming!
im wondering how you set up the alternating row colors??!? :slight_smile:
ive made gridlines easily enough from the setting menu but havent been able to figure that out yet.
thanks, xaver

ps. i just starting figureing out ahk a few weeks ago. im a total amautre thou have been loving it.

It's one of the grid line options:

1 Like

gasp! that's new and i overlooked it amidst the dozens other new tweaks.

Get v13 and make a button

@label:Now()
1 Like

cute) can i add to this time [ now() ] two hours??

Sure.

@label:Now()+2h
3 Likes

The only thing I am truly missing is the option of clicking anywhere on the row to select a file (right now I need to click the file name). Anyone has an option for that?

Preferences / File Display Modes / Details / File selection / highlighting style

Set FULLROWSELECT=Select,Toggle

I tried this one:

@label:Now()

The clock does appear, but it stops until I refresh or do something within Directory opus then it updates and stops again, anything we can do to make it work normally without it stopping?

Seems to update when clicking the interface, after I almost missed 2 appointments I realised I need to click for refresh :))))

@Joemaniax is that start button in your toolbar a functioning start button replacement? howd you set that up? i was think of trying this a couple days ago as i was creating a new apps toolbar for myself

Hello,
yes, it acts like the win button calling it by pressing the win key.
(sometimes my keyboard freezes and I need to save my work and restart the comp via the mouse)

Here's how it works:
Button launches an autohotkey script:
"W:\Softuri\AutoHotKey + Intercept\03 AHK Scripts\Cosmin_win_sendkey--windows-key.ahk"

Here's the content of the autohotkey:
send {Lwin}

Also, if you install autohotkey, here's a nifty script you can put in your auto-start programs to always keep num-lock on

#SingleInstance force 
#installkeybdhook
SetNumLockState,On
SetNumLockState,AlwaysOn
return
1 Like

its a little curd looking but i just managed to make a "fake start button" on my programs bar

i made a menu, then added two buttons with following commands...

go "C:\Users\CLOUDEN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" FOLDERCONTENT

and

Go "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" FOLDERCONTENT

i might have too much loaded on this install. im on a 58in 4k monitor; the resulting menu spans the entire screen with a scroll bar.

i started playing with AHK a few months ago, its maddening fun! :slight_smile: