Password-Protected RAR Archives with Encrypted File Names

Hello All,

Well, it seems that Dopus 9 doesn't handle Password-Protected RAR Archives with Encrypted File Names.

I have the option to open RAR archives in Dopus on Double-Clicking, and it opens empty (archive) folder without prompting for a password (only if the password-protected archive has the additional option of encrypting file names). It also doesn't work with the command: Copy EXTRACT.

Any ideas? Is it a missing feature or lack of API?

Regrads,
TheTruth

Any explanation?!!!!

Ask GPSoft directly if you don't get an answer here. There are so many messages in the forums lately that it's easy to miss some:

gpsoft.com.au/Support.html

Post an example archive and I'll take a look.

You can take the attachment from NS#00007.

password : do
test.rar (148 Bytes)

[quote="TheTruth"]Hello All,

Well, it seems that Dopus 9 doesn't handle Password-Protected RAR Archives with Encrypted File Names.

I have the option to open RAR archives in Dopus on Double-Clicking, and it opens empty (archive) folder without prompting for a password (only if the password-protected archive has the additional option of encrypting file names). It also doesn't work with the command: Copy EXTRACT.

Any ideas? Is it a missing feature or lack of API?

Regrads,
TheTruth[/quote]

I have the same issue.

Created a rar archive using Winrar with the "Encrypt file names" option. Opus will open the archive but nothing is displayed.

Ok here is a new version of the RAR plugin which hopefully improves this. Copy this over the existing one in your VFSPlugins folder.

I will wait for feedback from people in this thread before making this the official version, so please report back any problems.
rar.zip (47.9 KB)

Archive1.rar

a rar encrypted archive now works. a dialog window is displayed asking for the password which gives access.

Archive1.rar
+ archive2.rar

a rar encrypted archive within a rar encrypted archive does not work correctly. Only the first time a dialog is displayed which gives access to the archive1.rar. Double clicking the 2nd (encrypted) archive2.rar does nothing. For a brief moment a Opus copy window is displayed.

archive.rar
+archive.zip

A password protected zip archive winthin a rar encrypted archive works correctly.

Regards,

John.

good, now window appear and ask password.
good, folder inside rar appear.

i think adding alert when password are not correct and go back to parent folder (same thing when press cancel)

Yes, now when the password is wrong, there is the same empty folder and you don't know is it really empty or was there an error.

Also the password caching needs improvement, Sometimes you have to enter the password multiple times, especially when the viewer pane is on.

The files in an encrypted rar are not marked with the encryption flag too.