.pdf files no longer display in viewer

Instead, I'm getting lines of code. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Which PDF viewer do you have installed and intend to use with Opus?

Is it working in File Explorer's preview panel?

Reinstalling the PDF viewer can sometimes help.

If you were relying on an Internet Explorer plugin for PDF viewing before, those still work but are no longer used by default. Go to Preferences / Viewer / Viewer Plugins, select ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web, click Configure. Select the Internet Explorer 32-bit line and add .pdf to it, then Apply and see if works in the Opus viewer now.

If that doesn't work, or you aren't intending to use an IE plugin, which PDF viewer(s) are included in the Preview Handlers part of the plugin configuration window? Do they have the .pdf extension assigned to them?

Nuance Power PDF. Nope. The Preview Pane in File Explorer says "No Preview Available." I'll try to reinstall Power PDF. Thanks. Jay Aarh.

Tried your suggestion: reinstall Nuance Power PDF. This worked. Thanks!

An affirmation and a question:

First, your guidance for JayAarh works for me as well. Thank you very much.

Second, if I'm running DoPus 64bit on a 64bit Win10 machine, should I prefer to configure the "Internet Explorer 64-bit" entry over the 32-bit entry?

Many thanks!

Bruce Chitiea
SafeSectors, Inc.
Claremont California USA

It probably doesn't really matter. 32-bit IE was more likely to work with plugins (like PDF viewers) in the past, which may still be true, but if you find both modes work then there's no reason not to use 64-bit either. But also no reason to worry about it really, if it's working now.