Pin current folder to quick access: Error Code

When attempting to pin a folder to the quick access toolbar, which I have enabled in DO, I get the following error code:

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

In a previous report from last year, this issue appears to have been fixed/worked on, but it's no longer working for me on Windows 10 x64 - 1803.

Reference: Add Current Folder to Quick Access Error

Let me know if there's some setting I may have wrong.

Does it work for you in File Explorer, or do you get the same error there?

In Opus, does it only happen in the folder tree, or in the file display as well?

Which version of Opus are you using?

In the windows 10 integrated explorer, the function works just fine. No errors.

I've encountered this issue via pinning from the folder tree. I'm unaware of how to pin it from the file display mode. I assume via a right click context menu, in which I don't even have an option to do so.

I'm test driving DO 12.10.4 beta.

Was your team able to confirm this as reproducable? This is almost a fresh install on my end. I haven't been using DO for very long.

Shift+Right-Click should show the option if Right-Click on its own doesn't.

We can't reproduce any problems here, though, using Windows 10 x64 1803 and two different machines.

I tried with a folder on my Desktop as well as another below under Program Files, with no problems in the Folder Tree or File Display.

1 Like

Shift+Right Click doesn't show that option for me personally. I'll try installing DO Trial on my laptop and see if the same issue is there also.

Interesting. Seems some of my registry keys related to quick access got corrupted or deleted, which became apparent to me after you suggested using the Shift + Right click option, which wasn't working.

I ran a .reg key restore I found online for showing the quick access toolbar and it appears to be fixed.

No idea how that could have happened. Anyway, sorry for the false flag. Good to know it was just me.