Possible Bug: Lister Styles not being saved?

Hi all

New here, but not to DOpus, last time I used it was v5 on the Amiga!

Anyway, decided to check it out again, but I'm running into something that is just frankly annoying.

If I change the View Mode of a lister from 'Details' to 'Power' mode (which selects files like the DOpus I was used to) close the lister down, then bring up a new one, it forgets the View Mode setting and defaults to 'Details'.

Even if I edit the Lister Style (or save the Lister as default) it stills insists on showing me files in the 'Details' mode, that is until I click the Lister Style Tab to invoke it again.

Am I just doing something wrong here, I though the whole point of lister styles was so you can edit them to display what YOU want.

Also, is there a reason why Power mode or even 'full row selection' doesn't work when viewing the Desktop folder on Windows XP?

Regards
Matt

Read the FAQ's section, specifically this one.

Viewing system namespace folders like 'desktop' isn't handled by Opus, it's handled by Explorer from inside an Opus window.

If you navigate to the actual folder C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Desktop (I think that's right) Opus will be able to control the display.

So does this mean I have to configure every folder?????

All I want is for EVERY folder I navigate to have its 'View Mode' as Power, but DOpus insists on defaulting to 'Details'. Have tried editing Lister Styles, saving current window as 'Default Lister', editing folder types etc. yes they STILL keep coming up as 'Details' mode.

You don't have to configure every folder, just make sure the defaults are set to what you want and that nothing else (specific folders, Content Types) overrides those settings.