Possible bug with search in locked tab on version 13.4

Would like to report a behavior observed in version 13.4 which I suspect is a bug.

The issue is, that if I have a tab with locked allowing folder change, and start to run a search within the tab, on a somewhat rare occasion, it would trigger below actions:

1. A new tab would be created and is activated.
  2. The search would happen within the original tab, but since tab changed, it will immediately navigate back to the original folder.
  3. Now two tabs of the original folder is opened, and no search result is shown.

I believe the core of the issue is the first step, a wrong trigger of a new tab created. I haven't yet figured out how to trigger this stably, but I am mostly sure this is a new issue with 13.4. And search settings does not affect the issue, at least most of the common ones. Also I am sure this is not a result of me opening a new tab by accident - because if I did so, the new tab would have the search results.

Please let me know how can I help diagnose this issue further.

1 Like

Can confirm this still happens with 13.5.

Do you run the search via panel or command? Where should the results go? Do you have any script events that involve tabs?

It is via the panel. The search result usually go to the tab that is active, which the panel would automatically pick for "Find in".
I do have a script to run OnCloseTab, which looks like this:

function OnInit(data) {
    data.name = "Tab Lock No Close";
    data.desc = "Prevent locked tabs being closed while the tab color is set to a specific color";
    data.copyright = "2018 yonder, modified by ccl13";
    data.version = "1.0";
    data.default_enable = true;
    //data.min_version = "11.0";
}

function OnCloseTab(data) {
    if (data.tab.lock == "off")
        return false;
    else {
        // if (data.qualifiers == "shift")
        // return false;

if (data.tab.color == "0,0,255") // blue
            return true;
    }
}

For the tab that I see problem, there's no color to prevent the tab from closing.

OnCloseTab shouldn't fire in this situation at all.

I set Show results in to source and source new tab and ran several searches but couldn't reproduce the problem. Not sure where else to look.

I don't think it is related to the script too.
This happens only on a rather rare situation, I do searches rather frequently but has only reproduced this once since upgraded to 13.5. But it does happen.