Possible {file} {file|noext} bug in Opus 9.1.3.0

From the release notes for 9.1.3.0

Fixed incorrect/inconsistent handling of {file|noext} and similar command sequences with folders and files with no extensions. 

This, in fact, happened, but there seem to still be some anomalies with Opus automatic file name quoting in effect. I don't know whether similar issues existed in earlier versions.

I doubt it matters, but I'm running Win XP Home SP3.

Assume a file a b.ext.

{file} produces "a b.ext". Correct.

{file|noext} produces "a b". Probably correct, certainly reasonable.

{file} {file|noext} produces "a b.ext" "a b". Probably correct, certainly reasonable.

{file}(file|noext} produces "a b.exta b". Questionable. I expected "a b.ext""a b".

(file}x{file|noext} produces "a "b.ext"xa b". Almost certainly incorrect.

[quote="rcoleman1943"]Assume a file a b.ext.

{file} produces "a b.ext". Correct.

{file|noext} produces "a b". Probably correct, certainly reasonable.

{file} {file|noext} produces "a b.ext" "a b". Probably correct, certainly reasonable.[/quote]

Those are definitely okay.

I'd say that's correct as well. If there's no space between two arguments then they should be joined into the same thing. Just like {file|noext}{file|ext} should produce the same thing as {file}.

That's the only one I'd say is definitely wrong.

When you start to do things mixing the codes and literal strings ("x" in this case) Opus can get confused and quote things incorrectly. (It's made even more complex with MS-DOS batch buttons where the rules for quoting are arcane to say the least.)

In cases like the last example (and any others where you want something other than the automatic quoting) I'd add @nofilenamequoting to the top of the command and then put the quotes in manually.