PowerPoint viewer error (Opus & Explorer)

Dear team,

I have tried both the latest stable version and latest Beta version. However, the thumbnail for Powerpoint could not be displayed correctly - the progress bar is shown in the middle of the thumbnail sector, instead on the right side. Could you kindly help check?

Could you please post a screenshot to illustrate the problem?

Thanks! I understand the problem now.

Could you please zip and upload the PowerPoint file that causes this?

Dear Jon,
Sorry I could not upload the file to you as it contains some confidential info. Meanwhile, the display problem is a common issue on my laptop - no matter 3 pages or 300 pages of slides all shows this phenomenon. And I have confirmed this is not due to any specific Powerpoint template.

Thus could you kindly help check? Thanks a lot!

Sorry, the screenshot you showed looked like a test file.

In that case can you please try in File Explorer and see if you see the same thing?

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your kind reminder. I think I should have found the issue. It's not due to Opus's fault. My Office Software is 32-bit while the system is 64-bit. I would try again and revert to you for the result. Thanks!

It shouldn't matter if Office is 32-bit.

But the problem looks like it is in the PowerPoint viewer, so check what happens in File Explorer when viewing the same file. If it is the same there then that would confirm it.

Dear Jon and Leo,

I just uninstalled 32-bit and changed to 64-bit version. Problem solved.

Before doing this, the File Explorer shows the same issue as I posted above. Thanks a lot for the great help from you two!

1 Like